2013 Sunshine Fund Application is now available - Click on 'Apply Now'
The Sunshine Fund enables Manitoba children who do not have the financial means through parents, guardians or agencies, an opportunity to attend an accredited Manitoba summer camp.
To date the Sunshine Fund has raised over $5 million dollars and has provided over 21,000 summer camp experiences.
If you would like to apply for assistance from the Sunshine Fund for sending your child to camp, please use the link at the right of the page to download an application and follow these instructions.
Upon approval, the Sunshine Fund will provide financial subsidy for a single camp session per child, to a maximum value of $700 per child.
The steps to apply for Sunshine Fund assistance are as follows:
- Contact the Camp: Review the 2013 Accredited camps list and view their MCA page, which includes a link to their own site where possible, for more information. You can also phone the camp to request they mail their camp brochure and application forms to you. (NOTE - an Accredited Camp is a Manitoba Camping Association member camp follows enhanced Provincial Standards of Safety & Guidelines set forth by the MCA Board)
- Select Camp & Complete Camp Registration Form: After reviewing the camp websites/brochures, select the Accredited Camp your child/children would like to attend, complete a camp registration form for each child, and sign the form. It is strongly suggested to complete a 2nd choice camp application and sign it, in case we cannot place your child/children in their first choice.
- Complete Sunshine Fund Application Form: Complete the Sunshine Fund application form and sign it upon following review of the policies and procedures.
- Include Parent Contribution: Depending on level of income, Parent Contributions will be 15-25-35 percent of the camp fee amount that the Sunshine Fund will be able to pay. ***All Sunshine Fund Applications will be considered regardless of ability to pay the Full Parent Contribution Payment*** Payment can be made by cash, cheque, visa or money order. Cheques and money orders should be made payable to: Sunshine Fund (NSF cheques will result in your child's application being returned!!!)
Include Income Verification & Manitoba Health Card (Copy): Provide income verification by sending in a photocopy or original of the following to give us a picture of your total financial situation:
2012 Income Tax Return (T1) or Income Tax Assessment Summary (if you are self employed submit Form T2125; if you farm Form T2042)
Current Employment Pay Receipts (at least the two most recent statements)
Social Allowance/Ei Benefits assessment
Child Maintenance assessment/or child suport payments received
- Application for Immigration as a refugee (for new/recent immigrant families)
Complete, Sign & Mail All of the Following Forms to the Sunshine Fund Office
a) the Camp application form(s) (step #1 & #2)
b) the Sunshine Fund Application form (step #3)
c) your Parent Contribution towards this camp experience (step #4)
d) Income Verification & Manitoba Health Card Copy (step #5)
e) a letter indicating why your child wants to go to camp, or a letter highlighting your child's past camp experience (you or your child can write it).
Please ensure that your child/children will not be attending any other camp session in 2013.
If you cannot find the information you need here, please feel free to call (204) 784-1130 for further assistance.